Tuesday, June 1, 2010

DAY 8 JUNE 1st


Meg is at her desk writing about Mushi Edamamae, the mayor of Vancouver, and his wife Tammi Tempura. We discovered these two characters by messing around in the kitchen. I was laughing so hard I almost peed. I need to take a break, but have a good start on the Chinatown Miss Honey Bun Beauty Pageant. It's been a great day.

We started it off with a big walk to get fresh air and our bodies moving. When we got back, we went to our masks to get into the right frame of mind. I find that I can move through them quite quickly, but listen to each one individually, so with certain masks I stay a bit longer, and some make me so excited that I jump into writing ideas right away. Like the feeling I get is enough. I think when that happens though I need to stay with it a little longer to see where it takes me.

I struggled with feeling Phyllis through one of my masks, but found a way today for her to feel it's emotions. With another mask, I discovered a great gesture for her when she smokes her Popeye cigarettes. So weather it's something huge and deep, or just a simple gesture, the mask exploration every day is providing a ton of material to play around with.

No comments:

Post a Comment