Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The green gob of inspiration!

This green goo made my day! I was so happy to discover frozen edmame at SUPERSTORE yesterday and picked up a package. I also threw in a bunch of fresh mint because I was dreaming of this weird minty mushed edamame that they sell at one of the fish and chip joints in Victoria (Beth and I's old haunting ground.) Today we had set ourselves a few hours to pound out some scenes at the keys but instead of working on the show I ploughed through my cook books looking for a minty pea recipe that I could tamper with. I ended up just screwing around with putting different things in the blender. Bethy asked what I was doing and I said i was making mushy edamame...she starting saying mushy edamame in a strange voice and soon a new character for the show had been borm. "Muschi Edamame, Mayor of Vancouver. Born of the famed Edamame family responsible for the creation and design of the 2010 Olympic mascot "Quatchi." So really the moral is...you should always play with your food! P.S The Recipe turned out too! A very fresh vancouver flavor! Just what I would serve if I lived in a crisp condo with Blonde hardwood and loads of natural light over looking False Creek.
Edamame
Fresh Mint
Salt and Pepper
Bit of Balsamic
Blend and laugh until Muschi!

1 comment:

  1. There's a bit of olive oil in there too!

    ReplyDelete